Greg Clark, Global Advisor on the Development and Investment of Cities and Regions
A UK and Irish national, based in London, Greg Clark is an international mentor and advocate for cities. He works with public and private leadership in global cities, global firms, global organisations, and at global events. He is an expert reviewer on cities for inter-governmental organisations and has led reviews in over 100 cities. His portfolio of roles includes:
• Chairman, OECD Forum on Local Development Agencies and Investment Strategies, Paris.
• Global Fellow, Metropolitan Programme, The Brookings Institution, Washington DC.
• Senior Fellow, Urban Land Institute (ULI), Europe, London.
• Co-chairman, World Bank/New York Metropolitan Plan Global Advisory Board and Laboratory.
UK Board and Leadership Roles:
• Chairman, London Stansted Cambridge Consortium.
• Chairman, British BIDs.
• Board Member, London Enterprise Partnership (LEP), and London Infrastructure Group (LIG).
• Lead Expert Group, UK Government Office for Science, Future of Cities Foresight Project.
• Board Member SELEP, Chairman, West Essex Alliance, Chairman, Harlow Enterprise Zone.
Business and Economic Advisory Roles:
• Board Advisor, Heart of London Business Alliance (BID).
• Chairman, JLL Global Research Programme on Cities.
• Frequent advisor on city development to: Cap Gemini, GVA, Siemens, Microsoft, and JP Morgan Chase.
• Regular advisor to world cities and regions including Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York, Toronto, Cape Town, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Rio da Janeiro, Auckland, Johannesburg, Vienna, Glasgow, and Moscow.
Thought Leadership and Research Organisations:
• Board of Directors, Centre for London (UK) and Board of Directors, Centre for Cities (UK).
• Visiting Professor, Cass Business School, City University, Associate, LSE Cities, London School of Economics.
• Member, Future of Cities Advisory Board, Oxford University.
He was previously a Commissioner on the West End Commission (2012-2013) and Member of the Promote London Council (2010/2010). From 1988 to 2006 he held a variety of posts including: Lead Advisor on City & Regional Development, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, UK Government, Executive Director of Strategy and Communications, London Development Agency, Managing Director, Economic Development, at Greater London Enterprise, Chief Executive of the London Enterprise Agency, and International Programmes Director at the London Docklands Development Corporation. Previously Member of The Boards of the International Economic Development Council and the European Association of Development Agencies.
Trained as an Economist, Social and Political Scientist, City & Regional Planner. Cambridge University, UK, Columbia University, NYC, and London School of Economics. He is a Harkness Fellow and author of six books and numerous reports and papers on cities and business development issues. He has won various international prizes for his work on cities and urban/metropolitan development.
For more information on Greg Clark and Cities and Regions, please visit www.gregclark.net